- Added support for hinge sensors for foldable devices. This requires a future R system image and AVD configuration.
- To make it easier to save vertical screen space, we've added an option to hide the device frame for the current AVD in Extended Controls > Settings. To globally hide device frames for all AVDs, we've made available the NoDeviceFrame feature flag, which can be activated via launching the emulator from the command line with -feature NoDeviceFrame, or to lock it in, adding NoDeviceFrame = on to ~/.android/advancedFeatures.ini (Create this file if it doesn't exist already).
- Upgraded toolchain / build to C++17.
- Since our copy of the D3D9 ANGLE renderer was removed a few versions ago, we now also auto switch users who were on that renderer to D3D11 ANGLE if it was selected in the UI preferences.
- Emulator now correctly reports boot time coming from a device reboot.
- Embedded emulator: Devices with rounded corners/notches now properly change their layout to make room for the corners/notch. This requires a cold boot of those emulators.
- Added more debug logging for when OpenGLES emulation fails to initialize.
- Vulkan: We've reverted back to using the prebuilt loader as favoring the system Vulkan loader caused issues in some setups; will figure out a better solution.